I realize that not all of us are celebrating Christmas at this time of year, but still the end of the year is a great time to reflect and share gratitude and kind thoughts. I hope your year was filled with joy, but if not, may many blessings come to you and your families this next year.
So I say: Merry Christmas [or whatever sentiment and blessings fits your belief or life 🙂 ]and may the new year be one of joy and success.
Feel free to download and print the free coloring pages below for whomever wants them in your house. 🙂 Click on the link and save them.
Unnecessary but Heartfelt Update from Me (the artist and the person)
My year was pretty interesting–and not one of my favorites, to be honest, but I always seek to find something good and look for ways to find joy and be creative. Creativity is based on having extra energy and time and this year, my energy has been less than it has been in a few years for several reasons—most of it good, but some less than stellar, as you will see below. Let’s start with the good stuff:
- Adopted one wacky cat named Willow (who the vet told us was a girl, but then later discovered he is a he… surprise!) and he has brought much love to me and Little Bit — best gift all year, yay!!
- Still have two loveable but annoying dogs –one of whom loves the cat, the other who tolerates the cat but has chosen not to eat him yet… yay!!
- I got a new position as an assistant principal — chaos has ensued. 🙂 It is the most unusual job I have ever had and one day, the book will be released with the stories you just can’t make up. LOL
- Went on the first family vacation in years to visit my old college and show my daughter the gorgeous North Carolina mountains
- I got some minor updates done to my house in the shape of a new custom set of shelves in the entry for shoes and a (mostly completed) new butcher block island and ovens in the kitchen…yay!!
- I still have a car that works and a house that I love (even if they are both old and need major updates)…. yay?? LOL
- Gained two nieces and got to see other family—yay!
- Read a few good books — into fantasy and silly novels with strong female leads — got any suggestions?
- Drew new images and re-developed a love of handwritten sentiments
- Little Bit dyed part of her hair a gorgeous peacock blue — she becomes more of herself every year and I am blessed with the neatest kid ever…yay!
- Little Bit’s artwork is becoming more outstanding (check out her latest robot and dragon below) — the kid is only into robots and dragons….lol
Not So Good Stuff:
- Found out I might have lupus not too long ago — will find out for sure in February and March after more bloodwork and doctor visits…. not so yay, but please keep me in your thoughts in the new year as I make diet and health changes
- Grieved when I lost my beloved grandmother, but her memory brings joy not sadness now.
- Realized that Tiddly Inks is in need of a new something?? — I love having my shop and it is actually vital to have a little bit of extra income as an educator, but sales are slowing significantly to the point that keeping the shop going might be unsustainable— 11 years is a long time to run a digital stamp shop and normal ebbs and flows are to be expected, but this is the slowest year on record. I hope that some new ideas and efforts in the new year will turn things around. I really want to keep the shop and I have always found a way, so fingers crossed. This is an area where I would be happy for your thoughts and feedback. 🙂
Feel free to leave any comments on the post below.